Elite Nursing Staffers understands that having a successful interview plays an integral part in securing a great assignment. Our tips and practice questions are designed to help you prepare for your next interview.
What do facilities look for in a agency nurse?
Understanding what is expected of you can help you prepare to talk about your most positive attributes.
Tips to follow during an interview:
- Skills and experience
- Motivation, enthusiasm, and interest in the position
- Personality and communication skills
Possible interview questions:
- Schedule an interview day and time and adhere to your commitment.
- Always listen during the interview. Having a pen and paper handy for note-taking is helpful.
- Avoid one-word answers and long pauses when answering questions.
- Ask questions to clarify any points that are unclear or uncertain.
- Get the name, position, facility name, and phone number of the individual that interviewed you. This will help with post-interview follow up.
Preparing in advance to answer these questions can help you remain poised and confident during your interview.
Questions to considering asking the facility
- Why are you applying for this position?
- Why are you a traveling nurse?
- What skills and experience can you bring to this position?
- What are some experiences that you've had to prepare you for this assignment?
- What are your expectations from our facility?
Asking reciprocal questions is an excellent way to show your interest in the facility and the position.
- What is your float policy?
- What is the typical patient ratio?
- What is the dress code?
- What is the scheduling like?
- What is the length of orientation?